Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The First Project - Pegboard Garden







I am living in a house and my landlord is pretty cool... enter awesome projects to make the house awesomer. Btw, Mark played a hugely instrumental role in this. I am the dreamer and he is the builder.

Project One: Pegboard Garden.
Date: June 17, 2007
Inspired by: http://silkfeltsoil.blogspot.com/2007/04/indoor-pegboard-garden.html

Project Time: including shopping at Home Depot for supplies? About 3 hours. Ish.

Approximate Cost: approximately $35 including hanger things and stuff like glue but not including plants, pots or other things hanging.

We decided to leave it white to coordinate with the white chairs, cabinets and appliances, and especially because the walls weren't white but a lovely pale green. The glass stars hanging in the middle were made by my mom, btw, yeah she's awesome. And the coloured pots on the right by Lindsay Ross, also awesome.

If anyone wants to know how we did it, just post a note and I'll put up the "instructions". I think it looks pretty awesome-- now we just need more plants!

No comments: